Call for Associate Editors
The SAE International Journal of Alternative Powertrains
is accepting applications for the position of Associate Editor for the following topics:
- Model-Based Diagnostics, Prognostics, and HEV Energy Management
- Fuel Cells for Vehicle Propulsion and Range Extenders
- Vehicle Power Electronics and Electric Drives
- Hybrid Electric Vehicle Architecture and Design, Vehicle Connectivity
- Hybrid Electric Vehicles Control, Battery Management Systems
- Ensuring timely processing of submitted manuscripts
- Initial screening of manuscript to determine if peer review is merited
- After initial screening, within five working days, inviting suitable peer reviewers and possible alternates
- Monitoring the review process to ensure timely peer review, with the result of securing a minimum of three completed reviews
- Evaluating the reviewers’ comments and deciding whether to Accept as is [with recommendation to the Editor-in-Chief (EIC)], send for Revision, or Reject
- In the case of Revision, evaluating the revised manuscript and sending for additional review if needed and finally making a final recommendation to the EIC.
- Published author within the past five years
- Experience in the peer-review process
- Competency in a subject(s) covered in the respective journal
- Detail-oriented and able to monitor progress of assigned articles
- At least seven years of experience after receiving bachelor’s degree.
If you are interested in being considered for an Associate Editor position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
and include a brief CV (three-pages max) that includes recent publications.