About Our Journals
SAE International's scholarly journals report and archive state-of-the-art research findings obtained through journal Calls for Papers as well as our renowned SAE events. Our eight content-specific journals cover all areas relevant to ground vehicle and aerospace engineering technology, published online and hosted by Highwire Press.
Each journal aims to serve the needs of academic and industry authors, researchers, and readers in a medium tailored for the discovery, integration, and application of research. In addition to being identified as some of the best published work at SAE International, these papers advance self-propelled vehicle and system knowledge in a neutral forum for the benefit of society.
See the complete online history
New issues are published online throughout the year.
The Value of our Journals
- Keep your organization current and competitive with research in passenger vehicle, aerospace, and commercial vehicle technology
- Serve as the "go to" place for research, saving time and increasing productivity
- Provide prospective of recognized and respected subject matter experts in the industry
Features and Functionality of the Online Journals
- Abstract preview: Just mouse-over the table of contents or the search results page and get an instant preview of the article abstract, without leaving the page.
- Easy reference exporting to your preferred citation manager (EndNote, Reference Manager, RefWorks, and others).
- Feature hideaway: Author affiliations, related links, and other article enhancements can be expanded or hidden. Your article enhancement preferences are remembered when you next visit the site. (Not available via Institutional Access).
- Related-articles search: From within an article, you can click to search for articles by author, keyword, or subject classification.
- Email alerts (eAlerts and eTOCs) when a new issue is available; when specified keyword, author, or article has been cited in other publications; when similar articles are published; and when a correction/erratum is published.
- Email articles to colleagues (access to full-text of articles only available via subscription or purchase).
- Journal-specific searching includes "quick search" by keyword only and advanced search by citation, DOI, author, keyword, and publication date range; plus HighWire's "related article" retrieval.
- Perpetual access (via LOCKSS subscription) to purchased content after a subscription is dropped. Archival access is available with continued annual subscriptions to the online journals.
For more information, or to order:
Call: toll free 1-888-875-3976 or 724-772-4086 (outside U.S. or Canada)
Contribute to SAE International's Scholarly Journals
We invite authors from industry, academia, and government to submit papers describing their research to our journals' Calls for Papers- an open CFP in which papers are accepted and published throughout the year. Click here for more information about our call for papers.
Being published in SAE's scholarly journals can raise an author's profile in the automotive, aerospace, or commercial vehicles fields, while contributing to the industry's body of technical knowledge. Being a peer reviewer can also advance your career by helping you stay updated with the latest research and trends. For information on authoring or reviewing for SAE's technical papers and scholarly journals programs, or if you have questions about the journals' editorial or publication processes, contact Managing Editor Bridget Struble at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FAQs about Access to the online journals
* This is a .pdf file. Youll need the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view it.
SAE International Journals' Mission Statement:
Aligning with SAE International's mission, and building on a 100-year history of SAE Transactions, SAE International's scholarly journals report and archive state-of-the-art research findings that advance self-propelled vehicle and system knowledge in a neutral forum for the benefit of society. Each journal endeavors to serve the needs of academic and industry authors, researchers, and readers in a medium tailored for the discovery, integration, and application of research. Reflecting SAE International's commitment to the highest scientific publishing standards, all published papers are rigorously peer-reviewed by at least three recognized experts prior to selection by a journal's Editorial Board.
If you are interested in learning more about SAE's scholarly journals, please complete the fields below. An SAE representative will contact you shortly.