Information on Downloading Full-Text Documents
What's Available for Downloading?
All documents are in PDF format and can be read using the Adobe Acrobat Reader and are available in MyLibrary. Online credit card or deposit account payments are required to download documents.
SAE PDF documents can be viewed or downloaded to your computer through MyLibrary.
How do I purchase an electronic document?
STEP 1. -- Find the documents you want to order.
- Use the site's search feature for keyword searches or click on the Publications link (located at the top of each page) to "drill down" by topic.
STEP 2. -- Select download delivery
- Click on the "Add to Cart" icon next to the Download Full-Text delivery option. The icon looks like this:
STEP 3. -- Check out.
- After you have selected all the items you would like to purchase, click on the "Check Out" button on the "My Shopping Cart" screen.
- You will be prompted to log in if you are not logged in.
- Read and agree to the user license.
- Provide or verify your "bill to" address (payment information). Once your payment information is accepted, click on the "Confirm Order" button at the bottom of the screen.
STEP 4. -- Access your PDF documents.
- Proceed to MyLibrary to view or download your documents.
If you have difficulty accessing your documents, check your browser configuration and make sure that you have cookies enabled (for details on this, consult your browser's Help feature). Also, make sure you have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed correctly.
If you have checked all these items carefully and followed the instructions exactly and you are still having trouble, email CustomerService@sae.org or call: 1-877-606-7323 (U.S. and Canada only) or 724/776-4970 (outside the U.S. and Canada).
- Technical Papers - $24 each
- Ground Vehicle Standards and Aerospace Standards - $68 each
- Aerospace Materials Specifications - $68 each
You must prepay by credit card or deposit account before downloading documents. Documents that have been successfully downloaded cannot be returned for refund or credit.
To help you plan your document downloading, we have included the file size for each downloadable document.
All SAE papers and standards are copyrighted. Before downloading an SAE document, you must agree to a license that grants you the rights to view and print the document for your personal use from one computer. You may not alter, in part or in whole, any document, nor may you make copies in any format (print or electronic) for distribution to other users or computers.